Personal Chef Recipe Testing 01-2012

It all started on a lazy Sunday morning.  My husband asked me if I could make him some Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.  I said, "Sure”. Then he asked me to make him some pita bread too.  I said, “I guess so.  I have never made pita bread.  But it can’t be that hard.”
 
Well making the pita bread wasn’t hard, but it was time consuming.  The dough had to rise for 1 hour and 30 minutes.  Then you had to divide the dough into smaller pieces and let it rise for another 30 minutes.  After that you had roll out each piece before you baked them.  What a mess all that flour made in my oven and on my pizza stone.  They were good, but not a good as what you can buy at the grocery store.  But still my husband loved them and he was who I was trying to please.





Since I had to wait for the dough to rise, I decided to make some of Jacques Torres’ Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Have you seen the size of these cookies?  They are three and a half times the size of a normal cookie.  But, they were the best cookies I have ever made!  I am so glad I only made a dozen and froze the rest!



Comments

Popular Posts