Happy Anniversary 5/2020

Happy Sunday! I hope you are all well and staying safe this Memorial Day Weekend.  We are having a big thunderstorm here this morning.  I thought I was going to sleep in, but it’s hard to sleep with all the rumbling going on.

Wow!  Amid this pandemic, I almost forgot this month marks 13 years I have been in business. 

Since I had to temporarily close my business in March, it’s been hard to remember what day it is anymore.  I do miss my clients.  We have kept in touch, but it’s not the same as seeing them in person. 

What I miss the most is cooking for them.  They allow me to cook all kinds of different foods.  That’s what I love about my job – all the variety.  I love how it changes from week to week. 

One of the best parts of my job was going to the grocery store.  I know, everyone thinks I’m crazy for enjoying grocery shopping.  But I love talking to the great people who work at the stores, they help me get what I need for my cook days or finding a new product or seeing what vegetables are in season to help me plan my menu for the following week.  It’s my creative muse.  Hopefully, my business will be allowed to reopen soon.  

I found a wonderful tool to help fight this virus.  I purchased The Virus and Germ Destroying UV Wand.  After I bring home my groceries, I wash my hands and go over every item with this wand.  It has made sanitizing groceries effortless!  So much easier than using disinfecting wipes (which are hard to find, plus not adding to the landfill!).  It also works on countertops, doorknobs, light switches, and refrigerator handles.  I even use it on the outside and inside of my car, my mail, and packages that are delivered.  It works on any surface you touch. 

I hope you are enjoying this long weekend relaxing and recharging.  Now I must decide on what to cook for dinner tonight ribs, steak, or smoke a brisket.  Let me know what you are cooking this Memorial Day in the comments below.

Thank you for reading.  

Make it a GREAT week!

Comments

Popular Posts