Honey-Glazed Roasted Carrots - Easy Recipe 04/09/20

Hi Everyone!

Today I want to share a great side dish for the Lamb Chops, I posted yesterday.

This would be a great dish for Easter, too.  Speaking of Easter, it's going to be hard with all of us not being able to see our families in person.   I won't be able to eat my mom's carrot cake or my sister's scalloped potatoes.  I didn't go to the grocery store this week, because of the number of cases that are increasing to 1500 people a day around here. I'll just be safe at home with my husband.  And whatever I make, it will still be a celebration of Christ.


Ingredients you will need:

2 pound(s) carrot peeled, halved lengthwise
6 tablespoon(s) olive oil or vegetable oil
1 1/2 tablespoon(s) butter or ghee or vegan butter
1 1/2 tablespoon(s) honey or agave or real maple syrup


Directions:

Position rack in center of the oven and preheat to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and add carrots. Sprinkle generously with olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss to coat all the carrots.

Roast carrots 10 minutes; then stir. Roast carrots another 10 minutes longer; then stir. Continue roasting until carrots are tender and slightly charred, about 15 minutes longer. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Tent with foil and let stand at room temperature. Rewarm uncovered in 350°F oven 10 minutes.)

Melt butter in a heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in honey. Drizzle honey and butter glaze over carrots and serve.

If you have any questions about this recipe, please leave me a message below and I will answer you.

Also, let me know if you want a recipe from a picture menu you have seen on my blog.  I would be happy to share it.

Sending you all love and healing prayers. 😘🙏









Comments

Popular Posts