Lamb Chops - Easy Recipe 04/08/20

Hello!

I hope all of you are safe and at home.  Personally, I just want to cook for everyone who needs my help, but with restrictions in place to stay home, I don't want to get sick or pass this virus on to anyone. So, I thought I could help people make good food for their families by providing recipes.

Since I had to close my business temporarily, I thought I would share a recipe that my clients love to eat. 

Ingredients you will need:

8 lamb chop loin or rib chops, 1 1/4-inch thick
4 large garlic clove pressed or minced or 1 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon basil, fresh chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon parsley, fresh chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon(s) thyme, fresh leaves, lightly crushed or 1 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon(s) rosemary, fresh leaves, lightly crushed or 1 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon(s) lemon zest, fresh (if you don't have, leave it out)
4 to 6 tablespoon(s) olive oil or whatever oil you have 
2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
1 teaspoon(s) black pepper

Directions:

Mix garlic through the lemon zest and 4 tablespoons olive oil in a large bowl. Add lamb; turn to coat. Let marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour. 

Oven:

Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat 2 tablespoon olive oil in a heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb chops; cook until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes on the first side.  Flip lamb chops and transfer skillet to oven and roast lamb chops to desired doneness, about 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer lamb to platter, cover, and let rest 5 minutes. 

Grill:
Preheat grill to medium-high.  Grill lamb chops about 3 to 4 minutes per side, for medium-rare. 

Notes:
For best results use a meat thermometer.  The chops are medium-rare at 125°F, medium at 130°F, and well done at 145°F and higher. Lamb can take on a gamey flavor when cooked past medium.  You must let the meat rest to reach optimal temperature.

If you have any questions about this recipe, please leave me a message below and I will answer you.

Also, let me know if you want a recipe from a picture menu you have seen on my blog.  I would be happy to share it.

Sending you all love and healing prayers. 😘🙏

Comments

Popular Posts