The Dirty Dozen List for 2018

Good Morning!  The sun is shining and it's going to be beautiful today!

Did you read The Dirty Dozen List from the Environmental Working Group?  I keep this list on my phone so I can buy organic produce when shopping for my clients.

Living in Michigan makes it hard to buy 100% organic produce.  However, over the last couple of years I have seen the inventory increase dramatically.  When I can’t get produce organic, I wash produce in a water and vinegar solution.  It removes 98 percent of surface pesticides and bacteria like E. coli and salmonella.

Below is the full list with the most pesticide residue.  If you eat any produce from this list, I would recommend always buying organic!

·     Strawberries
·     Spinach
·     Nectarines
·     Apples
·     Grapes
·     Peaches
·     Cherries
·     Pears
·     Tomatoes
·     Celery
·     Potatoes
·     Sweet Bell Peppers
·     Cherry Tomatoes
·     Snap Peas Imported
·     Lettuce
·     Blueberries
·     Hot Peppers
·     Plums
·     Kale Collard Greens
·     Cucumbers
·     Green Beans
·     Tangerines
·     Raspberries
·     Grapefruit
·     Winter Squashes
·     Carrots
·     Oranges
·     Summer Squashes
·     Snap Peas Domestic
·     Bananas
·     Sweet Potatoes
·     Watermelons
·     Mushrooms
·     Broccoli
·     Cauliflower
·     Cantaloupes
·     Kiwis
·     Honeydew Melons
·     Eggplants
·     Mangoes
·     Asparagus
·     Papayas
·     Sweet Peas Frozen
·     Onions
·     Cabbages
·     Pineapples
·     Sweet Corn

·     Avocados

Where do you buy your organic fruits and vegetables?  Please leave me a
comment below.

Make it a great week!








Comments

Popular Posts