The Dirty Dozen List for 2017

The Evironmental Working Group has posted the Dirty Dozen List.  See the list here.  And, now they have a new Healthy Living App to help you buy better products and personal care items.

Living in Michigan makes it hard to buy 100% organic produce.  However, over the last couple of years, I have seen the inventory increase dramatically.  When I can’t get produce organic, I wash produce in a water and vinegar solution.  It removes 98 percent of surface pesticides and bacteria like E. coli and salmonella.

Below is the list with the most pesticide residue.  If you eat any produce from this list, I would recommend always buying organic.

  • Strawberries
  • Spinach
  • Nectarines
  • Apples
  • Peaches
  • Pears
  • Cherries
  • Grapes
  • Celery
  • Tomatoes
  • Sweet Bell Peppers
  • Potatoes
Do you use the EWG's list or app when shopping?  Let me know by posting a comment.

Thanks for stopping by and reading.

Comments

Popular Posts