Cuisine du Jour

I was reviewing my very long to do list and realized I never shared the cooking class from July at Trevarrow.

Chef Steve Allen does a "Down on the Farm" class, because he runs a farm at his home, besides being co-owner of Steve and Rocky's in Novi. 

The class started with a Roasted Range Chicken stuffed with Brie and Mushrooms.  And of course, Chef Steve used a chicken from his farm (the are the best organic chickens I have ever tasted and they weigh in at 8 to 9 pounds!).  This was so unique putting the Brie and Mushrooms under the skin.  It tasted divine.

Roasted Range Chicken stuffed with Brie and Mushrooms

The next dish was my favorite of the whole class.  Heirloom Tomato Salad with Vidalia Onions, Gorgonzola, Cucumber and Pickled Garlic.  It was so fresh and light.  And the best part was how the heirloom tomatoes tasted so well with the pickled garlic.  Of course, Chef Steve brought is own picked garlic (he also showed us how to make it).

Heirloom Tomato Salad with Vidalia Onions,
Gorgonzola, Cucumber and Picked Garlic


Next, he made a Rocky's Caesar Salad with a Sundried Tomato Tapenade.  It was a favor explosion of goodness.  He also made a fabulous Caesar Dressing.

 
Rocky's Caesar with Fresh Romaine Hearts,
Sundried Tomato Tapende and
Homemade Caesar Dressing.


Now I am waiting patiently for my heirloom tomatoes to ripen so I can add my pickled garlic and make that wonderful salad again.


Comments

Popular Posts