Personal Chef Cook Day 02-23-2016

Happy Easter!  I hope all of you are having a great time with your families.

I wanted to show you this breakfast muffin I made for my client.  She recently had an allergy food test and found she is allergic to eggs, bananas and gluten.  She thought no more muffins, but I told her I can still make muffins.

I follow many food blogs because my clients all have special food needs and I want help them the best way I can.  One of my favorite blogs is from http://www.hummusapien.com.  Alexis is a Registered Dietitian, so she knows a lot about nutrition.  The recipes I have made are great and they use whole foods, nothing processed (love that)! 

Alexis posted Vegan Blueberry Banana Streusel Muffins (they are gluten-free too).  I thought this recipe is a perfect replacement for my client’s morning muffins.  She used ground flax seed and water to replace the egg.  I tweaked the recipe from using bananas to sweet potatoes.  They were moist and yummy and I didn’t miss the regular ingredients, so I hoped my client wouldn’t either.  I couldn’t wait for my client to try these.


A couple of days after I cooked, my client emailed to ask me exactly what was in those muffins.  She couldn’t believe they were free of all the things she was allergic too.  I called her to reassure her that there were no eggs, bananas or gluten.  We discussed how to shift her attitude to foods she can enjoy and not to focus on the foods she can’t eat.  So, I am working on recreating some of her favorite meals and breakfast recipes. 

I love hearing from all of you.  Tell me what food allergy swaps you do?  Thanks for posting! 


Comments

Popular Posts