Personal Chef Recipe Testing 07-01-2011

For the last two days I have been doing some recipe testing. 

Since I love the flavors of ginger, garlic, lime juice and cilantro, I found a cold Vietnamese Shrimp dish.  Wow, it was so good!  It had the right balance of salt, sweet and spice.  Great for a hot summer day.




Next I made No Dairy Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.  It is made with unsweetened coconut milk (which I love).  But, it was too sweet and not creamy enough for me.  I am going to keep working on this recipe until I get it to taste like real ice cream.




The last recipe was for Cranberry-Vanilla Scones.  For this recipe I felt it needed a nut to give it more taste and crunch.  Let's face it; you need some crunch in the morning to wake up.  I added in slivered almonds.  It was a winner with my neighbor, who volunteered to be my taste tester. 


Comments

Popular Posts