The Dirty Dozen List for 2015

Did you read The Dirty Dozen List from the Environmental Working Group?  I keep this list on my phone so I can buy organic produce when shopping for my clients.

Living in Michigan makes it hard to buy most organic produce.  So, I wash produce in a water and vinegar solution.  It removes 98 percent of surface pesticides and bacteria like E. coli and salmonella.

Below is the list of produce with the most pesticide residue.  If you eat any produce from this list, I would recommend always buying organic.

·      Apples
·      Peaches
·      Nectarines
·      Strawberries
·      Grapes
·      Celery
·      Spinach
·      Sweet Bell Peppers
·      Cucumber
·      Cherry Tomatoes
·      Snap Peas
·      Potatoes
·      Hot Peppers
·      Blueberries
·      Lettuce
·      Kale 
·      Collard Greens

Let me know how you feel about pesticides on your produce?   


Comments

Popular Posts