Recipe Testing 1-11-11

I did some recipe testing on a very fattening dish that I wanted to change to make more healthy, but be even better tasting.

The original recipe called for spicy Italian sausage, heavy cream and pasta.  Don't get me wrong it was good, but I knew I could make it better.  Instead of sausage, I replaced it with turkey tenderloin.  For the cream, I used evaporated milk.  I added mushrooms, fresh thyme, sherry cooking wine and fresh basil.  My husband didn't think he would like the changes I made, but he told me that it tasted better than the original recipe.  I agreed. 



The next dish I tested was zucchini bread.  I have pounds of frozen zucchini in my freezer from my garden last year.  I wanted more spice flavor and a moist and tender bread.  I finally found a recipe that I thought would do it all.  It was fantastic!  I did of course, make it my own and added low fat sour cream.  It was the best zucchini bread I have ever made, per my husband.  Again, I agreed.


Comments

Popular Posts